Human Resources Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice describes how Hildenborough and Tonbridge Medical Group collect and use personal information about you during and after your working relationship with us.
We are required by law to provide you with the following information about how we handle your information.
Data Controller contact details
Hildenborough and Tonbridge Medical Group
- Westwood, Tonbridge Road, Hildenborough, Tonbridge, TN11 9HR
- Trenchwood, 264 Shipbourne Riad, Tonbridge, TN10 3ET
Purpose of the processing
Reasons for processing your personal data include:
- Staff administration and management (including payroll and performance)
- Pensions administration
- Business management and planning
- Accounting and Auditing
- Accounts and records
- Health administration and services
- Information and databank administration
- Crime prevention and prosecution of offenders
- Sharing and matching of personal information for national fraud initiative
Information we collect and use
- your name, photograph, contact details including address, email address and telephone number, date of birth, National Insurance (NI) Number and driving licence (if relevant to the role), information about your nationality and entitlement to work in the UK
- the terms and conditions of your employment
- details of your working arrangements (days of work and working hours) and attendance at work
- details of your qualifications, skills, experience, and employment history, including start and end dates, and dates of continuous service
- information about your remuneration, including entitlement to benefits such as pensions or insurance cover
- details of periods of leave taken by you, including holiday, sickness absence, family leave and the reasons for the leave
- details of vaccinations if relevant to your post
- details of your bank account for pay and expenses purposes
- details of any disciplinary, performance, absence, or grievance procedures in which you have been involved, including any warnings issued to you and related correspondence
- assessments of your performance, including appraisals, performance reviews and ratings, training you have participated in, performance improvement plans and related correspondence
Information about your family
- information about your spouse, partner or civil partner or other individuals when names as an emergency contact
- information on dependants where required for pension purposes or childcare vouchers or benefits
Special Category Data
- information about medical or health conditions, including whether you have a disability for which the Practice needs to make reasonable adjustments
- equal opportunities monitoring information, including information about your ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health and religion or belief
- Trade union affiliations, where applicable
- Information about past criminal convictions (Disclosure and Barring Service), and or your fitness to practise in certain regulated professions
Lawful basis for processing
- Article 6(1)(b)…‘necessary for the performance of a contract with employee’
- Article 6(1)(c)…’necessary for compliance with a legal obligation’
- Article 6(1)(f)…’in the Practice’s legitimate interests, which are not outweighed by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject’
- Article 9(2)(b) Employment, social security, and social protection
- Article 9(2)(g) Reasons of substantial public interest
- Schedule 1, Part 1(1) Data Protection Act 2018 - Necessary for the purposes of performing or exercising obligations or rights which are imposed or conferred by law on the controller or the Data Subject in connection with employment, social security, or social protection.
- Schedule 1, Part 2(8) Data Protection Act 2018 - necessary for the purposes of identifying or keeping under review the existence or absence of equality of opportunity or treatment between groups of people specified in relation to that category with a view to enabling such equality to be promoted or maintained
- Schedule 1, Part 2(14) Data Protection Act - is necessary for the purposes of preventing fraud or a particular kind of fraud
Recipient or categories of recipients of the processed data
- Professional Bodies (ie GMC, RCN, etc.)
- Occupational Health Provider (ELAS)
- HM Revenue and Customs
- Education Establishments
- Police & Judicial Services
- NHS jobs / Indeed
- HTMG as lead for shared Tonbridge PCN in shared
- Workforce tools
- Solicitors - If there is an incident claim?
- Outsourced HR function (BrighHR)
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
Your previous or prospective employer The Practice may also receive information about you from these organisations.
Right of access
Subject to certain conditions, you are entitled to have access to your personal data (this is more commonly known as submitting a “data subject access request”).
Rights in relation to inaccurate personal or incomplete data
You may challenge the accuracy or completeness of your personal data and have it corrected or completed, as applicable.
Rights to object to or restrict our data processing
Subject to certain conditions, you have the right to object to or ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data. This right applies where our processing of your personal data is necessary for our legitimate interests. You can also object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Right to erasure
Subject to certain conditions, you are entitled to have your personal data erased (also known as the “right to be forgotten”), e.g. where your personal data is no longer needed for the purposes it was collected for, or where the relevant processing is unlawful. We may not be able to erase your personal data, if for example, we need it to (i) comply with a legal obligation, or (ii) exercise or defend legal claims.
How to exercise your right
To exercise your rights, please contact us
Your personnel records are kept in compliance with law and national guidance. Details on how long records are kept are set out in the NHS England, Record Management Code of Practice
Right to complain
If you are unhappy with how your personal data is processed, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please do contact us in the first instance.
Data Protection Officer contact details
- Pamela Ashe
- GP Data Protection Officer
- NHS Kent and Medway
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.