Firearms / Shotgun Licences and Renewals

There have been some changes in the law recently when applying for a licence or renewal of a licence.   The applicant is asked to have a medical report completed for the Police by their GP or an independent Doctor.  HTMG does not provide this private service, however there are many private GP services who do, you will find a number listed on the internet.  If you need assistance or further advice, please contact our secretaries via a contact form here .
Under the new legislation the police require that the patient's medical records are sent directly to the Doctor doing the report  and not via the applicant to avoid any possibility of tampering.

Published: Jan 17, 2022